Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Girl With A Blue Umbrella


This is some work in progress/possible final piece for my module about colour. I tried to re create my ink experiments but they didn't work so well this time around, so I tried a different technique which ended up working pretty well. Plus I thought I might as well get out and do some drawing, even if it was raining. But it proved an interesting idea in terms of colour in the end... 



I was really inspired by this artist -- Leonid Afremov. I absolutely love his use of colour, and especially his city paintings. I would love to be able to paint like this someday, but my work needs a hell of a push to get to this standard. So I'm going to do some more rainy ink paintings, and maybe try to incorporate bolder colours or more activity... who knows...

4 comments:

  1. ooooo jess you are letting loose! how does it feel?? haha! i love the umbrella girl, its absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, it's taking some getting used to. And thanks for the mess book ideas, they really helped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ink style piece is amazing!

    ReplyDelete